Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Vacation Day 5 - Buffalo

Hi everybody! I have SO much to show you all tonight and the time is getting late so I’m just gonna get right to it! Breakfast was awesome! 100_5279

  • 1/2 cup USVAB, 1/4 cup water
  • Windy Hill Farms Cremo cereal
  • cinnamon'
  • the end of my cinnamon raisin PB&Co. PB :(
  • sprinkle of Dorset cereal

100_5278

I love this combo…it is very filling! I did some blog reading….which reminds me! I have been reading all of your blogs, but haven’t had as much time to comment since I’ve been off. Hope you all understand!! Anyways, once breakie was digested I geared up for a 3 miler with DD on her bike. Just as we were leaving, the postman shows up with DS’s passport! WOOT!!! Bet you can guess where I went today! Needless to say, I had a fab run!

  • Time: 31 minutes
  • Avg Hr: 172
  • Max Hr: 187
  • Calories Burned: 385
  • Distance: 3 miles

I can run this faster on my own, but have to obey those pesky lights when one of the kids is with me! Also, we had the world’s cutest puppy decide to chase us down the sidewalk so I stopped to grab him for his owner who was chasing after him. Precious!

Once home I showered, packed lunches, went to the bank and then we hit the road for the USA! I was (and still am) beyond stoked about it! I didn’t realize how much I bought until I got home and started taking pictures of it all. I snacked on some grapes before we hit the border… 100_5281

Sorry for the blurriness. DD was in charge of picture taking because I was driving. There was about a 10 minutes wait at the border so I took the opportunity to eat the wrap I packed. It had LC cheese, ham and lettuce on it; 100_5283

Our first stop was a mall where we hit up Payless. We do have this store where I live, but there are different style choices in the US. I bought these 2 pairs; the red were $7 and the blue were $9. (My apologies in advance for the flash pictures. It’s dark now and I had no choice because I could not wait until tomorrow to post what I bought!) 100_5289

100_5290

Sorry you had to see my feet here….I’m overdue for another pedi! Next stop was Bath & Body Works. Again, we have this here but it is still cheaper over the border if you can believe it! I bought 5 hand soaps for $15 which is exactly what I went there for! 100_5291

Next up? Target! I bought mostly food stuff here which is bunched in with goodies from Wegman’s. I’m going to be in Michigan August 8 with my bestie so I’ll be buying more clothes and such then. My hubby can take only so much shopping! We left Target at about 3:30 and everyone was hungry so we flew over to our fave place in the world….Panera! I thoroughly enjoyed a strawberry poppy seed salad with a half of a Mediterranean sandwich. 100_5284

Panera switched up their plates since I was last there! I saved my apple for later on. Satisfied, our next stop was Kohl’s. Here I bought a cool seashell plate… 100_5297

Most of the plates/bowls you see on my blog are from Kohl’s! I also bought a great sweater and a way cute shirt…. 100_5299

100_5300

Our last stop of the day was Wegman’s. Even though there are other grocery stores in the area, I much prefer Wegman’s. When in Michigan, I always go to Meijer's. So here are the picture’s most suited to a food blog!!! I am one happy gal, I tell ya! 100_5292

Smart food in chocolate cookie caramel pecan, Kashi bars in pumpkin pie (so excited about this one!), dark chocolate coconut and dark chocolate mocha, my hubby picked up some turtles Chex bars and lastly 2 pouches on Star-Kist chunky light tuna. 100_5293

Annie's mac & cheese for the fam, z-bars in PB and chocolate brownie, True Delight bars in dark chocolate raspberry almond and an Archer’s Farm meal pack….. 100_5294

Pop Chips!! I haven’t been able to find them around here yet. Archer Farms mango peach salsa, Justin's’ almond butter, French vanilla coffee mate powder, Bush’s beans, Crofter’s “South America” jam…saw this stuff on Julie’s blog….pumpkin butter, cocoa baked almonds, Gold fish for the kids (we have’em, but not in rainbow) and heart smart Bisquick…another item that we only have the regular version in. Lastly, 3 new (to me) Clif flavours…apricot, chocolate brownie and cranberry apple…100_5301

And the last food purchase picture! Ken’s raspberry walnut salad dressing, Arnold Thins, Thomas 100 cal English muffins, FAGE, OIKOS!! (there’s 4 single serve Fage not in this picture), whipped cottage cheese, Kashi Mayan Harvest Bake (which Hungry Girl insists is da bomb), Al Fresca sausages, 2 packs of flatout wraps and 2 MOJO bars.

YIKES…told ya I bought a lot! Some of this stuff I have bought before and love, other items are new eats that I’ve read about on blogs. Either way, I can hardly wait to dig in!!

When we left I ate my apple from Panera and a Kashi dark mocha almond bar;

100_5285

Oh, the bar was SO good! Kashi…hurry on up and bring all your fantastic bars to Canada, please! The drive home was uneventful, in other words, the best kind of road trip. We all felt hungry once back in Canada even though we ate snacks only 2 hours before. I told my hubby that Panera felt like lunch to me! I had a hankering for ice cream so we made a pit stop at Wendy’s before coming home for some of the cool stuff. I ordered a Toffee Coffee swirl…AKA Cappuccino Skor Blizzard twin. No matter the name, it t’was great! 100_5286

I know that this post was l-o-n-g, but bear with me for just a few more seconds here! I have created a banana soft serve monster in my hubby! He wanted more again last night and I was only too happy to comply! He wanted mixed berries in his and I didn’t so I rescued some and stirred in some blueberries. I really like how the berries get half frozen and crunchy-like! 100_5265

OKAY! That’s all for today. Hope you enjoyed checking out my purchases. I know that some of these items are old news to some of you, but I find them totally exciting! I’m off to catch up on some you your posts for the day!

Bye for now!!

13 comments:

  1. What a fun shopping day! Awesome shoes, sweater & shirt. I love buying "new & exciting" food items... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can grocery shop for me any day! :D

    Your breakfast looks phenomenal!

    And...those red shoes are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have GOT to get over the border JUST for food shopping. Seriously awesome purchases going on there. I think I'd go crazy seeing all of the different foods that we don't have here haha.

    And I can't believe I haven't yet tried the banana soft serve. I need to get a batch of bananas in the freezer asap!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW that is a huge load! I am curious about the Smartfood...
    and the kashi bars ... i really wanna try the chocolate coconut ones O.O
    -muffy

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is an awesome shopping trip! and i love the black shoes! payless rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a busy day shopping and munching!!! those sandals are so pretty and soooo cheap!!!!
    And you've got so many new products, can't wait to see your reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always see moms running while their kids are on their bikes and I think that is just SUCH a great way to get in some exercise!! Glad you got into the US today and got some amazing products! I love love the shoes you got- too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wowee! Can I come over for snack time?! Lol--looks like you got some AWESOME goodies. Your gonna love PopChips, they are so addicting to forewarn you :-)

    p.s. Love the red sandals!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun shopping day! I love your cute shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Of course I understand you not being able to comment - you're on vacation!! Soak it up! ;)

    Holy cow! You totally hit the jackpot with ALL of your shopping today! That Panera combo is the best and all the food buys? Perfect!! Hope you enjoy eating your buys - they're yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You found crofters!! How fun :)

    You scored in a BIG way!! Love your shoes too! WEgmans is seriously insanely insane! have funnn

    ReplyDelete
  12. You made it over the border!!! What a great deal you got on those shoes. And the food!!! I'm so excited you got to try those bars! Do you like them? Whipped cottage cheese is so yummy. Cocoa almonds too!
    What an exciting day...so jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Holy shopping trip batman! Do you ever get stopped at customs on the way back and have to pay duty on any of it? Although, I guess if you are going with the whole family, you have a bigger allowance.

    And you know, we don't have Bath & Body Works here out west, so we have to go to the US if we want to shop there. My mom is obsessed with their soaps, so I see a trip to Bellingham in my near future!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!