Monday, July 6, 2009

Who Put That Goal Post There?

I had a bit of trouble falling asleep last night so it was a good thing that I had planned to head into work a bit late this morning so that I could drive the kids to their first day of Italian school. I also made a nice chocolaty bowl of goodness to get me going!100_4900
  • 1/3 cup water & USAB
  • 1/3 cup sunrise blend w/ quinoa flakes
  • banana
  • 1 tbsp carob powder
  • cinnamon
  • pecan pieces
  • sprinkle of Enjoy Life granola100_4899

I am totally digging this carob powder business! :)

I bought a 4 pack of gum yesterday and was tickled pink when I opened the first sleeve this morning to find little maple leaves on each piece;100_4905

GO Vancouver 2010!!! Doesn’t that look pretty cool? I know; it doesn’t take much to get me excited.

I snacked on a few mini Breton crackers before heading off to the gym;100_4901

The gym was stinking hot again today. UGH. Right near the end of my run I ended up with a killer stitch in my right side and had to walk the last 4 minutes out. I made sure to do some extra stretching when I was done.

  • Time: 50 minutes
  • Avg Hr: 161
  • Max Hr: 180
  • Calories Burned: 497
  • Distance: 4.5 miles

I made one tasty salad for my lunch today!100_4902

  • lotsa mixed lettuce
  • cherry tomatoes
  • cucumber slices
  • 6 bean medley
  • blueberry acai pomegranate dressing

The beans were a mix of red & white kidney beans, chickpeas,black eyed peas,Romano and lima beans. I gave them a really good rinse to rinse the sodium off them.100_4903

I ate this while keypunching and it took me a good hour and a half to down it! Then I ate my very last cherry pistachio cookie;100_4904

I need to get on making another batch of these stat.

Summer hours started this week so for the rest of the summer I’m working 8-4:30 and taking Friday’s off. I love summer hours, but getting home a half hour later takes a bit of getting used to! Dinner was BBQ’d chicken breast, steamed broccoli and this lemon spinach couscous;

100_4906

Yum…this was gooood stuff! It made a great side dish! I also added some of Ruth’s mole to my plate for dipping purposes; 100_4907

I was stuffed after this meal! Pretty much as soon as we were done we had to head out to soccer. At least it wasn’t pouring this week, but we still had to wear pants and jackets. We all had a good laugh at DS because in the last 5 minutes of the game he hit the goal post 3 times! Boy, was he frustrated! Here’s a shot of him before we left for the game…

100_4909

As I type this out I’m snacking on some fresh, local strawberries with some Cool Whip Free…

100_4912

I’ll be sad when the season is over. :( Anywho, I’m off to get some vacuuming done. Not sure what the cats were up to today, but there is fur everywhere! Fun times. My lunch is already put together so that’s a plus. I’ll be hitting the sack much earlier than last night, too. Take care, y’all!

Bye for now!

9 comments:

  1. that gum is super exciting!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate when it looks like the cats exploded all over the house - my parents had 3 long haired cats, and it often looked like that, even if you just vacuumed.

    I'm really admiring your dinner - I've been craving very uncomplicated eats lately, and that would be perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. that gum box looks so cool!
    summer hours? that's so good not having to work on fridays!
    mmmm...... that pistacho cookie is calling my name! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am getting SO excited for the Olympics!! I love me some winter sports ;)

    Sorry about DS's soccer frustrations! At least he came close - I wouldn't have even hit the goal posts!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Printed gum, is fantastic!! BTW is that a picture of your husband in that gorgeous family photo below? He's is DREAMY. Dreamier than DP,loves it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the gum!! How adorable!

    I need to get some carob powder ASAP. That breakfast bowl looks super good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahah oh my god I love the little leafs on the gum! How cute :) Will you be able to get to the Olympics?? How cool if you do!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your oats look beautiful. I love chocolate (or carob) for breakast...yum!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd be excited about that gum pack too, that's SO cool! And I think all gum should be made with little pictures on it. Way more fun that way.

    And I gotta say, that bean salad lunch looks completely incredible. Bean salads have to be one of the prettiest foods when they're all dolled up like that. WHOA.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!