Saturday, July 18, 2009

Couch Potato

Oh, boy was today ever a lazy one! It was not a nice day…the temps only reached 19*C and it was windy! I started off the morning with laundry sorting duties before I made some eats. I was good and hungry when I finally sat down at 9am! 100_5088

  • 1/3 cup USVAB & water
  • 1/3 cup PC 5 grain cereal
  • cinnamon
  • banana
  • almond butter
  • coconut spread

100_5087

This was a terrific breakfast. The one sad thing is that I used the last of my coconut spread and it’s not available in the area anymore! Crappy.

DD and I took off for the market next because the local market is only open until noon. I picked up lots of fruit for the week! 100_5090

I was told that this is the last week for local strawberries. Such a short season. Housework ensued once the fruit was washed and put away and before I knew it, it was 1pm. I wasn’t sure what I wanted for lunch, but I knew I wanted it to include some of this..100_5089

YAY! My Amazing Grass order came in yesterday. These sample packs only cost me $6.00. Can’t go wrong there. What to make, what to make….how about more pancakes?? I present to you Amazing Chocolate Blueberry Pancakes w/ Raspberry “Jam”.

100_5093

  • 1/3 cup oats
  • 2 tbsp Bisquick
  • 1/4 cup egg beaters
  • Amazing Grass Kids Chocolate powder
  • 1 tbsp cottage cheese
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla
  • 3 tbsp USVAB

Blend all this together in the Magic Bullet then stir in a 1/3 cup of fresh blueberries. While the pancakes are cooking, mash a 1/2 pint of fresh raspberries with a fork until they resemble jam. Add sweetener if you like. Arrange pancakes on a plate, top with raspberry jam and dip into maple syrup if desired!

100_5092

Seriously AMAZING! I’ll be entering these in Katie’s pancake challenge for sure! Here’s the packet I used; 100_5091

This is when laziness set in. I made a coffee and basically watched TV from 1:30 until 5pm!!! And there wasn’t really anything good on, either. I tried to sit out on the porch with my book, but it was just too darn chilly. Booya. Around 3 I dove into this fantabulous “Mountain Man” vegan cookie from the market. Check it out! 100_5095

This beast was chalk full of dried fruit, nuts, carob chips and toasted coconut. It’s my fave next to the cherry pistachio which is waiting for me to eat it tomorrow! :)

We finally dragged our butts off the couch for a super simple dinner. I steamed up some frozen veggies, warmed up a can of beans and nuked a sweet potato until cooked through. The fam had Juicy Jumbo hotdogs instead of the sweet potato. I loaded my tater up with beans and cottage cheese and ate the veg on the side…100_5097

Not pictured is the half hotdog that I split with DD (no bun). Dessert was a small scoop of cappuccino fro-yo…100_5098

I feel like such a blob after being so inactive all day. I’m trying to talk myself into a walk to shake it off. Wish I had a dog to take along! I’ll leave you with a photo of this chucker that has decided to make itself part of our neighbourhood. I never even knew what a chucker was until we googled it after taking a picture! chucker%20partridge

(this is not our photo, but it’s exactly what the bird looks like!)

Have a great Saturday evening, all!!!

Bye for now!!

14 comments:

  1. Everyone deserves days like that - enjoy!! :-)

    Oooh, lovely chucker.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes its so nice to just have a lazy day! Looks like you picked up some wonderful fruit at the market. I want one of those cookies- looks like they' are filed with chunky goodness. Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to tell you i was skeptical about the pancakes tasting good until i saw that you used the kidz kind. Def a good decision as it is not as grassy tasting! I love the "jam". I would rather have mashed up fruit than a spread.
    YUM YUM!
    -Muffy

    ReplyDelete
  4. birdie!!! so pretty!

    love the pancakes and that divine looking cookie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea to put Amazing Grass in your pancake mix! Good deal on those packets too! Where did you get them??

    Oh YES I was terrified the dolphin was going to tip me over--especially with the camera in my hand!

    ReplyDelete
  6. lazy days are the best! I definitely had one today too :) Lots of couch sitting lol.

    That raspberry jam looks amazing on your pancakes. They are gorgeous! Never heard of that birdy before :) He sure is cute

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like lazy days :) I too, had a lazy day! Those pancakes look darn goooood!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i want one of those mountain man cookies! YUM
    lazy days are glorious.. i think i'm going to follow suit and have one today ;)
    happy sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. YUM! Those pancakes totally just made their way to my bookmarked recipes. I seriously need to get on the pancake bandwagon soon--and your creation screams summer!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, those pancakes look incredible! I'm dying for pancakes now!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Isn't this weather crazy? Where is the summer heat?

    The Amazing Grass sample pack is only $6.00? Was that including shipping? I might have to consider getting some! And those pancakes look SO delicious, especially topped with the mashed raspberries. I ADORE mashed rasbperries as a topping.

    ReplyDelete
  12. *Pancake coma*

    Sorry I'm so late in commenting; I don't have much internet access this week, so I am INCREDIBLY glad you sent me an email so I didn't miss such an awesome post!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You just reminded me that I still have some coconut spread in the fridge. Mmmm, coconut spread.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!