Thursday, July 16, 2009

New Wheels?

Hi everyone! I’m gonna hafta make this a bit speedy tonight because it’s already 8:30 and I gotta watch SYTYCD at 9! I was feeling like some PB, banana and honey in my oats today so I made a grown up version! 100_5045

  • 1 cup water
  • 1/3 cup oat bran
  • banana
  • cinnamon
  • cinnamon honey
  • almond butter

100_5044

I finally broke into my jar of TJ’s raw almond butter from Julie and it really made the bowl!

100_5043

I’ll have to use this sparingly so I don’t run out too quick!

My before gym snack was one of these Newton fruit crisps… 100_5046

With the last of the cherries; 100_5047

The “cookies” come in packs of 2 so I saved the second one for after lunch.

I woke up with a stiff neck this morning….don’tcha HATE that? So I decided that half and hour on the elliptical would help loosen me up without making things worse.

  • Time: 30 minutes
  • Avg Hr: 154
  • Max Hr: 167
  • Calories Burned: 258
  • Distance: 3.1 miles

I thought I would spend the remainder of my lunch at home with the fam, but there was a major bad accident at the intersection by work and my normal 2 minute drive turned into almost 10! YIKES! By the time I got to the homestead, I had to turn around and come back. It would appear that a car turned left in front of a motorcycle and the 2 on the bike were thrown. One of them was airlifted to hospital. The chopper actually set down right on the road where normally the victim would be transported to the hospital first, then get transferred. Not good.

You’ll be surprised…and most likely relieved …..to know that I didn’t have a salad at lunch today! I was feeling quite lazy last night and just grabbed a Lean Cuisine Panini to go! 100_5051

I ate it open faced so it was easier to hold while I keypunched at my desk..100_5048

I really do enjoy these for a quick meal! Later on I ate some juicy cantaloupe chunks; 100_5052

When I got home there was a note on the table that the fam was at the neighbours for a swim. I met them there and we chatted for a few hours. By the time we made it home, we were all pretty hungry and didn’t have any time to cook because we had a 7pm appointment. Subway to the rescue! 100_5053

I went with a 6” turkey, ham & Swiss on WW with cukes, lettuce, tomato, green pepper, black olives, hot peppers and sweet onion sauce.

As for our appointment…we’ve come to the conclusion that our van has reached the end of the line. It’s getting quite rusty and the gas gauge is being real picky lately. Time to go visit our trusty car dealer. Here’s what I’m 95% sure we are going to buy…1bhtrfd9fyzbg

You like??? It’s a jeep Liberty. We don’t really need anything as big as a van and I’m not into large SUV’s. This fits right in between! If anybody has any experience with this model…good or bad….do tell!

After we left the lot we stopped off for ice cream. I ordered a frozen yogurt and was shocked at how BIG it was!!! 100_5056

That was a good 2 cups right there and I Ate. It. All!!! My 2 fruit choices were banana & pineapple. So, so good, but for the price of it…$6.00…I won’t be back often! I can hit up a Yogen Fruz for a lot cheaper.

Well, I’ve come to the end with 6 minutes to spare. Time enough to get in my jammies, put the kettle on for tea and crash on the couch. Tomorrow is my off day and you better believe I’m looking forward to it!

Bye for now!!

14 comments:

  1. I'm hooked on that same almond butter!! Except mine is the crunchy style :-)

    Haha, that fro-yo mountain is awesome.

    Great car choice, for sure!!

    Night!! Enjoy your day off tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ow! Cute car! I had a jeep growing up- I loved it but it was expensive to fix when it broke...other than that...a totally fabulous car! That froyo looks out of this world! TJs is the greatest. I sent them an email today asking them to open in Charleston :) I haven't tried their nut butter yet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh boy, I hate bad accidents...or any accident at all. So scary.

    That froyo is ginormous! I'm suprised it didn't fall over. Was it the tart kind?

    Have fun on your day off...what are you gonna do??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy moly that is a load of ice cream ... where did you go?!
    grats on the maybe-car :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum to fro yo, its the best summer treat out there. I love how your Lean Cuisine has French writing on it, tres chic!
    Congratulations on the new ride, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the fro yo! There are no fro yo places out here so I'm jealie! :)

    And I think the jeep is tres cute! I'm actually a fan of jeeps - even though I drive a Mazda3 GT! ;)lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. wowwy that fro yo has won over my heart :) That looks amazing!

    A Jeep Liberty is a great choice! My sister has one and she loves how they drive.

    ReplyDelete
  8. sorry that the car accident made you waste time trying to going home for lunch, I hate car accident when i try to rush.

    I like that jeep, it's pretty cool!!!

    And that froyo~~~ wooooo.. looks delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That Lean Cuisine sandwich doesn't look half bad! I have been disappointed by Lean Cuisine a few times in the past =( This would be one I would def consider! And that fro yo is not big in my book--I could easily down it =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yikes to the accident, I hope everyone is okay :(

    When I was looking at cars I almost got a Jeep Liberty. They're fun!! I didn't want to get a semi truck SUV either and they're the perfect size :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow that is one huge frozen yogurt!

    ReplyDelete
  12. that frozen yogurt looks HUGE! But that's okay- looks delish :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love Subway...it can be a real lifesaver! Love the froyo mountain! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. We had some ridiculous accident on one of the highways in Vancouver this past week - an 84 year old woman somehow got on the highway going the wrong direction. She caused one 4-car accident from a car that swerved to avoid her. Then about 1 km away, she got into an accident and died at the scene. They had the helicopter on the highway as well. It shut down the commute for hours!

    That is one giant fro-yo!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!