Thursday, July 23, 2009

Vacation Time

YAHOO!! My 2 weeks off work has finally arrived! Hallelujah! I got the day off on the right foot with a great bowl of oats. 100_5163

  • 1 cup water
  • 1/3 cup oat bran
  • cinnamon
  • TJ’s almond butter
  • dorset cereal
  • caramel apple yoga chips

100_5162

Nom. nom. nom! The apple chips were very good, but very expensive for the little bit that was in the bag. What you see was about 1/2 the bag which cost me $1.79. I saved the other half to eat on their own so that I could get the true flavour. They reminded me of a candy apple which is a big plus in my book!

Here are my snacks that I ate through the day. I’ve been randomly munching on bits here and there lately which is why I’m just posting everything together. 100_5165

100_5171

100_5170

I took an hour off work this morning to attend DS’s last day of Italian school festivities. His teacher is out of town tomorrow which is why the class ended today. DD’s class finishes tomorrow. The kids put on a little show and enjoyed cake and juice, then we all played a game very similar to bingo. Here he is getting his “diploma”! 100_5166

Check out that bad ass haircut! ;)

I was back to work with enough time to etch out 30 minutes on the elliptical.

  • Time: 30 minutes
  • Avg Hr: 153
  • Max Hr: 173
  • Calories Burned: 277
  • Distance: 3.3 miles

Backed with the knowledge that the weather was going to be cool and wet again today, I packed some soup for lunch. I tried a V8 Golden Autumn Carrot;

100_5161

I paired it up with my last 2 Suzie’s spelt sticks and topped it off with the seeds that were at the bottom of the box… 100_5169

This soup was all sorts of good! I’d definitely buy it again. I still have a V8 broccoli and V8 chipotle corn to try out. Later in the afternoon I broke out a chocolate Amazing Grass packet and mixed it with hot water and a splash of milk; 100_5164

Not my favourite way to drink this, but I got it back. It was just to “grassy” when hot!

We BBQ’d up a pork tenderloin for dinner tonight and I chopped up my serving and added it to a huge bunch of red leaf lettuce dotted with feta and topped with Kraft Fig Balsamic dressing. 100_5172

We are severely lacking in the veggie department. Thankfully grocery day is tomorrow! DD and I ran out the door as soon as dinner was done for haircuts, well, trims, really! We just walked in the door now at 8pm and I wanted to get this up before settling in to watch SYTYCD. I’m very intrigued about the singing and dancing that Katie Holmes is suppose to be doing! Anyone else? Anyways, I’ll be back tomorrow stress and care free on my first day of vacation….or maybe I should call it my “stay-cation”!!

Bye for now!

12 comments:

  1. Jealous of your vacation - I haven't had one since last June. Although, I'll soon be jobless, so I guess my vacation is coming up rather soon ;)

    Things I love - caramel apples. I bet those chips are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hooooooooooray for your vacation! Enjoy every minute. Love LOVE DS's haircut! If we have a boy- he is so going to have a mohawk! OWWW I haven't tried that V8 soup, I love their other varieties! I will def be purchasing that

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your vacation time!! I will start mine on August 2. We have decided to actually take a mini-vacay to Niagara Falls and hopefully travel to Toronto.

    I want to try that Superfood.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for vaca!!!

    and OMG i love DS'S HAIRCUT!!! AWESOME!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay, enjoy your vacation! I love apple chips, what a great idea putting them in your oats! Your son getting his diploma is so cute -- congrats to him! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for holidays beginning! I can completely relate to that!

    Did you just go to the Amazing Grass website to ask for samples or how did you do it? I'm hoping I can get some for when I am in Ontario!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a lot of fun and relax these two weeks! :) And prepare/bake great food to satisfy our eyes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You made it! Woohoo! What a cute kid! My roommate was watching SYTYCD and I sat in just in time for Katie Holmes...do you think she was singing live?? I was impressed by her performance. For some reason I assumed she's just been hangin' out with Suri not doing much, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on your two weeks off!! Love DS's 'do - looking tough ;)

    I love the V8 broccoli soup! Haven't tried the carrot one though, maybe I'll pick it up?!

    Have a great Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay for vacation!!! It definitely looks like you’ve kicked it off on a great foot with all those fresh looking foods! I love the soup with cracker stick picture…it’s SO hot here yet looking at it makes me want some to drink! Hehehehe :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!