Thursday, July 30, 2009

In A Funk

Hi everybody! Well, we ended up staying home again today. DD woke up through the night with a migraine that lasted a few hours. She was better by morning, by totally wiped out. So…we have plans to go to the Toronto Zoo tomorrow as the tickets we have for there expire well before the ones for Ontario place.

I was pretty zonked, too and didn’t get up until almost 9am. I really wasn’t feeling any food, just lots of coffee! I did finally settle on a bowl of cereal….Nature’s Path Optimum Slim, to be exact.

100_5318

I enjoyed a cup of this with a few handfuls of Nature’s Path agave granola and USVAB… 100_5320

This kept me pretty darn full. After some debating, we made a trip to the farmer’s market seeing as DD was OK, but not 100%. I have to admit that I was feeling pretty grumpy so nothing at the market really caught my eye. I did buy some blueberries and corn on the cob, though. By 2pm I still wasn’t very hungry, but I decided to snack on this Clif Mojo bar that I brought along with me…

100_5321

I really enjoyed this! It was full of nuts and dried fruit and even chocolate chips! I have a PB one yet to try, but I’m betting I’ll like it, too. Once home I also noshed on a handful of blueberries and 3 mini blueberry muffins with some almond butter on top. 100_5323

100_5322

I spent the remainder of the afternoon reading out on the deck in the gorgeous sunshine that we had today! My snacks ruined my dinner appetite and I wasn’t anywhere near hungry when the fam was so dinner was on the pathetic side. My hubby grilled up some cod on the BBQ and I cooked up the corn on the cob. 100_5324

That blob there is some Sabra hummus that was suppose to be for the fish, BUT, I wasn’t feeling the cod at all and only ate about half of what you see. I did eat another half of a corn, though. For my sweet end I pulled out a Kashi dark chocolate coconut bar to try; 100_5325

This bar had a nice gooey layer of chocolate on it that was sprinkled with coconut…. 100_5326

Although I liked the bar, I didn’t really taste any coconut. :( That and the bar was on the small side. I don’t think this is one flavour that I’d run out to buy again.

I have to apologize for my “blah” attitude in today’s post. Being tired and disappointed in not being able to go to T.O today has got me feeling very out of sorts. I kinda wish I could blame it on PMS or something along those lines cuz I really do feel like a big spoiled baby! Ah, I’m sure that a good night’s sleep will be just what the doctor ordered. I plan on fixing myself up some banana soft serve later to eat while watching SYTYCD. Can’t believe next week is the finale!

Bye for now!!

9 comments:

  1. I agree, and those bars come with about 3 nut pieces whereas the box shoes them covered in nuts!

    Get some rest and I'm sure you'll feel better in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww I hope DD feels 100% by tomorrow morning! I think there are tons of bugs going around right now. Glad you got some nice reading in on the deck and some fresh goodness at the market. Get some rest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i REALLY wanted to try these kashi bars when i saw them. agh!
    -muffy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope tomorrow is a better today!

    I just found out that Tosca Reno will be at the Can-Fit-Pro Show in Toronto the same weekend we are there. I might check her out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tomorrow is a brand new day don't you worry :)

    Your mini blueberry muffins with almond butter look amazing! Never tried a Mojo bar before.. that flavor sounds great though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i always forget to put almond butter on things, I'm definitely gonna try it on a muffin - that sounds divine.
    I have those Kashi bars too and I was soo thrilled to try them at 6 dollars a box. Jikes. They were just "meh' for me too, I'm glad we agree. . .

    ReplyDelete
  7. sorry to hear that you didn't feel up yesterday, I hope the banana soft serve made you feel better! :)

    And have fun in the zoo today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the Optimum Slim cereal--so simple yet so good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw poor DD - migraines are awful :(

    LOVE that Clif bar!! Glad you enjoyed it! Hope you have a better day today at the zoo!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!