Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Grumpy Gus

I have to admit right off the bat that I’m not in the best of moods today. This ridiculous fall like weather is really starting to have a negative effect on me. Summer is my favourite season of the year, one that I look forward to each winter, and it just doesn’t seem like we’re going get the heat this year. Blah.

I did enjoy a great breakfast, though. 100_5128

  • 2/3 cup water
  • 1/3 cup PC 5 grain cereal
  • banana
  • vanilla, cinnamon
  • PB2
  • hemp seeds
  • walnuts & carob chips

100_5127

So good…and it held me over for 4 hours! Yowzers!

Work was pretty busy today. Bonus! Only 2 more days before vacation!!! That, I am excited about. 45 minutes before going to the gym I ate a yummy Kashi Trail Mix bar; 100_5129

I can’t wait to get across the border to pick up some Kashi bars that we don’t have here. This one’s great because it’s full of nuts and dried fruit….no skimping.

I went on the elliptical and treadmill at the gym today. Gotta keep the bod guessing, ya know! First up was a 1/2 hour on the elliptical followed by a 15 minute walk at a speed of 4.2mph, incline set to 4%.

  • Time: 45 minutes
  • Avg Hr: 158
  • Max Hr: 173
  • Calories Burned: 427
  • Distance: 4.4 miles (combined)

I knew when getting lunch ready last night that the weather was going to be crap today so I pulled out a serving of chilli from the other night for lunch. It turned out a wee bit spicier than I would normally make it which is OK, I just add yogurt to “cool” it off some! 100_5131

That’s a 1.5 cup serving with about a 1/3 cup of plain NF yogurt on top. I also ate about half of this less than stellar watermelon to cool the ole taste buds down… 100_5133

I haven’t had much luck in picking ripe watermelons this season. I must be losing my touch….or there just are no good ones around!

Right after work we went to the dealership to sign the paperwork for the Jeep and to drop off the van. Bye Bye, van. :( We’ll be picking the new ride up tomorrow evening as it’s getting new plates in the morning.

I cooked up the chicken that I pulled out yesterday for dinner. I cooked it on the stove top because it was just more convenient that way. Once the breasts were cooked through I topped them with some salsa and cheese. Marble for the fam, Swiss pour moi. My side was steamed edamamne. 100_5134

Dessert? You bet. The last little bit of cappuccino frozen yogurt graced my egg shaped bowl! 100_5135

Before I finish off here and go hide in a hole…:)….I wanted to post my snack that I ate last night. I was having a major chocolate craving so I grabbed a chocolate chip All Bran Bar… 100_5126

Hit the spot, satisfied the craving and tasted just like a chocolate chip cookie. Maybe I need another tonight? We’ll see. Catch you all on the flip side with some picture’s of the new wheels!

Bye for now!!

15 comments:

  1. Go for another "chocolate chip cookie"!! It'll take away the grumpiness ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you want summer weather you should come visit me in Texas. 100 degrees today but luckily I was in air conditioning. Love your breakfast oats. Walnuts + chocolate = thumbs up in my book.I tried adding Greek yogurt to my bowl of soup today and was happy I did! Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sorry about the weather :( I hope it heats up for you! The good news is your vaca is SOOOO close! The chili looks fabulous- I have never tried yogurt on top but I bet its yummy. Love the egg shaped bowl...reminds me I need to go out and splurge on some new dishes! Have a good night

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I could eat breakfast at your house every morning. Your breakfast creations look so delicious. Sorry about the weather!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hear you about the weather. The dreary damp look is killing me.

    Your breakfast looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. yum that breakfast looks divine! as does the chicken..mmm!
    -muffy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was watching the national weather on the news tonight, and you really are getting some shit summer weather eh? Come out here - it's supposed to be hot for...well, as long as the weather cast is going. Not so good for our forest fires though :(

    I don't think I've seen those All Bran bars before. Sounds tasty :) And I still need to make some salsa/cheese chicken one of these days!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Crappy weather during summer is really disappointing... it would affect me too. I hope it gets better so you feel better! :)

    but you had such a good dessert... I want some ice cream now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a bummer about the weather....will your vacation destination be warm? Where are you going?

    Your chili looks so good...what's the recipe?

    I hope the sun peaks out today for you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was grumpy pants yesterday as well. Boooo to this weather!!

    I love the egg bowl and it's contents ;) That All Bran bar sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's felt like fall all summer long here too! Hopefully it'll start to warm up soon.

    I've got to look for those All Bran bars at the grocery store, they look so good!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm jealous of your weather...another Texan here, lol. That breakfast looks really good, especially because of the nuts.

    I'm curious--what do carob chips taste like? Please say, like chocolate! :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Make me Grumpy Gus #2--MN must be getting its' weather from Canada(right?)and summer sucks this yr! But on a brighter note, that chili looks fab--I have never thought about yogurt as a sub for sour cream, good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love how all your packaging looks different and I love how your Kashi bars are in French! I have never ever seen All Bran choc chip bars. Bring some to this side of the border!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!