Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Facelift

Hi everybody! I played around with the background colours of the blog a bit and decided to change the colour to white. I think the picture’s look brighter with the lighter shade behind them. You like?

I made my favourite flavour combo for breakfast this morning; 100_5032

  • 1/2 cup water & unsweetened almond breeze
  • 1/3 cup sunrise blend w/ quinoa
  • banana
  • PB2
  • cinnamon, vanilla, salt
  • carob chips & shaved coconut

100_5031

As you can tell from the dreariness of the picture’s, it was another dull morning in the neighbourhood. The weather of late has been very September-like. Not cool for July!

In an effort to eat up my Clif bar stash, I brought a Blueberry Crisp one to work with me today; 100_5033

If you can believe it, I still have 15 left to eat! YIKES….how did I manage to accumulate so many?? I ate a good hunk of this with some cherries pre run today and saved the last of it for after my lunch. 100_5035

I’ve noticed recently that when I pair up some carbs and fruit, I feel really energized in my cardio. So I of course killed it on the treadmill today! I also did 1 minute worth of mountain climbers and some really good stretching.

  • Time: 50 minutes
  • Avg Hr: 160
  • Max Hr: 175
  • Calories Burned: 457
  • Distance: 4.6 miles

BOOYA!

Lunch was a bit different of a salad today. I mixed the rest of last nights Brussels sprouts, grilled chicken and veggies with some red leaf lettuce and hemp seeds for a tasty meal; 100_5036

The last piece of my Clif bar woke my sweet tooth up so I made a mocha (1 tbsp Swiss Miss & 1 tsp of instant coffee) to appease it! 100_5037

Then, before going home I ate the rest of my cherries and the last of the blueberries;

100_5038

I wasn’t really in the mood to cook anything tonight so I warmed up a package of Shiritaki noodles and topped them with a tuna steak. Then I added some steamed green beans to the plate for colour… 100_5039

Pretty, no? Tasty, too! My sweet end was a Puff N’ Stuff square; 100_5041

I decided after one bite that it needed a little extra flair so I smeared some cinnamon & raisin PB all over it. Talk about taking it up a notch! It was camera shy, though!

Currently, I’m out on my front porch with the laptop. The sun is shining AND it’s raining. I think I’m going to go find the rainbow! Have a great night!

Bye for now!!

18 comments:

  1. I like the white background and I agree, it makes the pictures pop! Hope it warms up for you this weekend. I don't mind yucky weather when I have to work, but on the weekends- it better be nice! ;) Yummy eats. I love leftover brussels- I had some for lunch ealier this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the new blog look!!

    Haha you better eat up all those Clif bars!! :-D

    Look for the pot o' gold at the end of that rainbow!! Or some Skittles candy ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the white. how is that blueberry crisp bar? what does it taste like?
    -muffy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the white background also, everything really pops (especially the lovely pics!)!

    I hope you find the rainbow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a run! Woo!! I'm likin' the new background color too. Clean and simple.

    Tell me about the weather's effect on picture turnout! Don't the clouds know better? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the white and agree about the pictures, but I will miss the purple as it is my favorite color and I thought it said something aout your personality. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are amazing running stats!!!!

    Lovin' the white! Everything pops and looks gorgeous. That is quite a clif bar stash! They definitely seem like the perfect snack when you're at the office :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just switched my blog background to white too, it looks really fresh!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I never thought to use coconut - great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha, your bar stash sounds about as extensive as mine! I just pick up one or two every time I go to the store...and they add up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those giant coconut shavings just look so good! YUM.

    I hope you got your rainbow. It's always so nice when you get to see one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like this white backgroud, so bright!! I need to change to mine too! :)
    like all those berries that you're eating... do you know that they made wonders to our skin?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like the blog change--it is much brighter!! =) I was meaning to ask you about shirataki noodles. I use em' lots too, can you stand the fishy smell though?! It almost makes me lose my appetite for them =( Any tips or tricks?!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those coconut shavings look so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That bowl of oats sounds so good! Way to rock the workout!! I'm going to have to try that mocha - mochas are the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Really like the white Krista!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good job at the gym. I definitely think the white makes it pop more. It makes your cherries look even more gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the white background :)
    I also love how you've figured out what works for you and gives you energy at the gym. So awesome!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!