Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Ho-Hum Day

I’ve nothing good to say about the weather today so why don’t we just move on to the awesomeness that was my breakfast? 100_4914

  • 1 cup water
  • 1/3 cup Quaker oats
  • cinnamon, salt, vanilla
  • blueberries & strawberries
  • hemp seeds
  • cinnamon honey

See that scrumptious blob of cinnamon honey? 100_4913

Unbelievably good. ‘nuff said!

Its pay week so work moved along at a nice pace today. I munched on some random crackers that I found hiding in the back of one of my shelves as I was checking back the keypunching I did….100_4915

There was another handful like this one before they were gone.

I played around with my cardio at the gym today to shake things up a bit. I spent a 1/2 hour on the elliptical, 10 minutes on the treadmill walking at a speed of 4mph with an incline of 6%. I have to watch the incline yet where my ankles are concerned, but this was comfortable enough. Then I spent some time doing core work such as;

  • 1 set of 20 reverse crunches
  • 1 minute (or 60) mountain climbers
  • 1 set of 50 bicycle crunches

  • Time: 50 minutes
  • Avg Hr: 156
  • Max Hr: 179
  • Calories Burned: 437
  • Distance: 4.1 miles

I made sure to give my muscles a good stretch before I threw the towel in!

Lunch was another salad. 100_4916

  • left over greens from Sunday night
  • cucumber
  • cherry tomato
  • broccoli
  • grilled chicken
  • balsamic dressing

100_4917

I also brought some mango that was suppose to go on the salad but it was just so sweet and juicy that I decided I’d enjoy it better on its own! 100_4918

Snackity snack before I left work was a Quaker Delight Toasted Coconut Banana Macadamia Nut granola bar. 100_4919

These were also hiding in my cupboards and I squealed with delight when I found them!

I had to go back to the dentist after work because one of the teeth that got filled last week has been uber sensitive. He ground the filling down a bit and told me that if it’s still not right a week from now that I need to go back to get the filling re-done. Keep your fingers crossed for me! The dentist is NOT my favourite place to go!

I enjoyed a nice big plate of pasta for dinner….Fiber Gourmet to be exact. When the noodles were just about done I added a few big handfuls of baby spinach to the water and let it wilt down. That then got tossed with about a half cup of chicken lentil sauce that I made awhile ago and froze…IMG_3932

A quick, tasty, filling meal! So filling in fact, that I didn’t even think about any dessert. Not the norm for me!

Tonight is going to be a kick back and relax sorta night. There’s nothing on the agenda except parking my rear on the couch! :) A walk was going to be in my future, but it’s looking like more rain is not far off. Boo! Enough of feeling sorry for myself here!

**Remember that this Saturday we are participating in the fund raiser walk….Jessica’s Footprint: A Walk in the Park. Please consider visiting my donation page and sponsoring us in raising money for paediatric brain tumour research. THANK YOU!**

Bye for now!!

10 comments:

  1. wow, dinner looks great! actually so does lunch :) that mango, hopefully it brought a little sunshine into your ho-hum day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmm that quaker bar sounds so good! i've never tried that flavor but I'm thinking I would liiike it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your evening! What an awesome breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That workout looks great! I love learning new ways to change up cardio!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey! i just got your comment about the dulse flakes. they're a sea vegetable (like seaweed) and have an "ocean" kinda flavor to them if you know what i mean ;)
    check out this website:
    http://www.seaveg.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=12&products_id=5
    hope you have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ugh - I am SO OVER this stupid weather! I hope your teeth get straightened out!! The dentist ranks up there with paying taxes and washing dishes on my list of things I hate :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think your crappy summer weather has made it's way out west! We've had rain yesterday & today. Booo.

    Is it weird that I was actually excited to get a postcard in the mail that it's time for a check up at the dentist? I'm only excited, because it means I can get in one more visit before I have no more insurance. HA!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mmm fresh, ripe mango has got to be one of my most favorite foods! Where does one even get cinnamon honey??

    ReplyDelete
  9. The flavor of that Quaker bar sounds really good! I tried the dark chocolate raspberry one, which was ok, but a little too sweet for me (and usually I've got a real sweet tooth!).

    Your dinner looks delish! I love making a huge batch of something and freezing it for individual meals later.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That mango looks amazing! Mangos are such an underrated fruit, in my opinion. The bar sounds really good, too.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!