Monday, July 13, 2009

Where’s the Music?

I read a neat breakfast idea over at Kristie’s place that I knew I wanted to try ASAP. So, I wasted NO time getting to it this morning. Basically, the idea is to make your oats then serve’em up in an almost empty nut butter jar. 100_5007

In this jar you will find the following;

  • 2/3 cup water
  • 1/3 cup PC 5 grain cereal
  • blueberries
  • cinnamon, vanilla
  • the last of my Mighty Maple PB…about 2 tbsp

100_5005

I think this is a dynamite idea! Great way to get all that PB out from the bottom of the jar and no bowl to wash! I’ll be using this technique again for sure.

I feel like I had such a productive day at work. I completed a few odds and ends jobs and it’s a nice feeling to have that off my desk. About 45 minutes before heading to the gym I ate a good three quarters of this Spiced Pumpkin Pie Clif Bar; 100_5008

I enjoyed the last bit after lunch. This is one terrific flavour. Can’t wait to see them out again in the fall as this was my last one. Although, I did see over at CCV that Lara Bar has come out with 3 new flavours that I’d love to test drive!

I thought I was gonna have a tough go on the treadmill today because when I went to get my tunes going, nothing happened. Nice of me not to charge the ipod for myself! Another fella came in at about my 25 minute mark and hoped on the elliptical which was right beside the ‘mill I was using so we chatted it up for the last 20 minutes. SAVED!

  • Time: 50 minutes
  • Avg Hr: 164
  • Max Hr: 180
  • Calories Burned: 504
  • Distance: approx 4.5 miles

Apparently chatting ups my calorie count! I usually burn about 470 on a run like this. I actually had to walk out the last 5 minutes because I ended up with a terrible stitch on my right side. Not fun. I would also seem that shooting the you know what also distracts me enough that I forgot to check my mileage when done!

I made myself another monster salad for lunch today. I’m REALLY enjoying the red leaf from my garden. It’s just so darn tender! 100_5009

  • red leaf lettuce
  • a yellow bell pepper
  • broccoli florets
  • a can of tuna (packed in water)
  • Kraft Fig Balsamic dressing

100_5010

Hot diggity, this hit the spot! Later in the afternoon I snacked on a fruit salad containing raspberries, blackberries and blueberries.. 100_5011

I’ll be so sad when berries season is over. :(

I felt like burgers tonight and it wasn’t hard to convince my fam that they wanted them, too! Mine was a St. Yves Chick’n burger which I served up on a WW bun with ketchup, Dijon, relish, sabra hummus, lettuce, pickle and a nice, thick, grilled red onion ring. On the side was some grilled orange & green bell peppers from the farmers market; 100_5012

This meal was phenomenal and really hit the spot! We were running kind of late so my last bite was on the way out the front door to soccer. Ooops! Don’t really like to eat and run, but whatcha gonna do?

We stopped at the Bulk Barn after soccer so I could pick up more Sunrise Blend w/ Quinoa flakes. My hubby is just like a kid in a candy store there! He came home with chocolate covered almonds and peanut clusters to name a few things. I just finished munching on 3 clusters and 4 almonds. Now I’m enjoying a Celestial chocolate raspberry tea while I type.

Lunch is made for tomorrow, but I’m going to prepare b-fast for the morning now as I’m NOT having oats (!!) And I want to make some healthy (er) rice crispy treats for snack options this week. Seeing as it’s already 9:10pm, I best get on with it!

Bye for now!!

11 comments:

  1. Dynamite, phenomenal meals, for sure! :-)

    Enjoy your evening/making the treats!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely eats! and how satisfying must it be to eat your own lettuce :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, thanks for the shout-out, cutie Miss Krista! I sooooo want to try that German Chocolate bar!

    Haha my dad is just like your hubby. He can't go to the store without coming home with something we don't need-- jarreed artichokes, another loaf of bread, sesame sticks... it's not good lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the bottom of jar PB oats...yum! That is one beautiful salad!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the idea of having oats in the nut butter jar... I've been it everywhere but haven't tried it yet! :) I need to speed up on my nut butter consumption! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm trying to enjoy every moment of summer fruits...I will also be SO sad when they're gone :(. Great eats today- I have yet to try the pumpkin spice clif, but I know I'd just LOVE it (I'm a huge pumpkin fan). Great din din. I use to only eat green bell peppers and have finally tried the other colors and love them all

    ReplyDelete
  7. my PB jar is getting to the end and I cant wait to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a yummy-looking supper! I think I may need to grill up some peppers soon, nothing hits the spot like fresh grilled summer produce =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just got to the bottom of an AB jar and saved it!! Perfect for a breakfast bowl. Thanks for the reminder, Krista!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Even your burgers are healthy and delicious looking!
    I feel like you have been eating lettuce for days . . .I know that head (of lettuce) was bigger than your actual head (cranium) but I feel like it keeps regenerating itself!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is one tasty looking burger - good thing I'll be able to enjoy one for lunch, otherwise I'd probably have to go out and get a burger later on. HA!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!