Saturday, July 25, 2009

Vacation Day 2 - Whole Foods

Phew…today was a wet one! I took advantage of that this morning by getting a lot of housework out of the way. If it’s nice out I just can’t find the motivation to stay in and clean!

I whipped out my new hot cereal by Windy Hill Farms to try out this morning! 100_5196

Once cooked up it reminded me very much of cream of wheat which I love! And man, was it filling! 100_5198

  • 1/2 cup UNVAB and water
  • 1/3 cup cremo cereal
  • cinnamon
  • almond butter
  • blueberries

100_5197

This was very, very thick and stuck to my ribs like glue. I wasn’t hungry again for 5 hours! I’m glad I decided to give it a try.

After all the cleaning was done and out of the way, we made the one hour drive to Whole Foods. Besides browsing, I wanted to pick up some ground bison for burgers tonight. Wouldn’t you know that they were sold out??? Figures! I did find Almond Breeze on sale at 2/$4 and I also picked up these way cute baby summer squash… 100_5201

I also bought some blueberries, watermelon, a cooked chicken for dinner, and some Sahale snack mix. My hubby grabbed a few things including guacamole, chips and this Stash tea that I had been eyeing up earlier in the week! 100_5202

The boy loves his Stash as much as I do!! I did eat some lunch on the drive down although it wasn’t very exciting. I spread some sunflower seed butter and raspberry jam on an Ezekiel English muffin and called it a day! 100_5200

Simple, portable and delicious, too! You can see by the poor light quality in the photo that it was a dark day out there! There were a few times on the drive down that I almost pulled over because I couldn’t see much beyond the windshield!

We got home right about dinner time so I threw the chicken in a 250 degree oven to re heat while I steamed up the baby squash and cooked a box of KD for the fam. I had a side of cottage cheese sprinkled with pepper on my plate. 100_5203

And dessert was the chocolate mousse cake from yesterday’s excursions; 100_5204

This one was so rich and lush….my fave by far! My parents came over for a visit after dinner and we got all caught up on the weeks events. Now I plan on hanging out with my hubby because they kids are (grudgingly) in bed. Hope you all have a superb Saturday night!

Bye for now!!

9 comments:

  1. Another delectable dessert!! Looooovin' it :-)

    Enjoy hanging out with your husband!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whole Foods makes even the gloomiest days better :) Do you like sunflower seed butter? I always see it on shelves but have never picked it up. The baby squash are adorable! Can't wait for day 3, hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwwwwwww those are such cute squashes!!!!
    i wonder if our whole foods has almond milk on sale for that .. ah well i get the almond breeze now anyway- cheaper!
    yummy dessert!
    -muffy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhhh pattypan squash! So cute! I can never find those but LOVE how cute they are :)
    Have a hot time with your man!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wooooo!!! love that dessert!!! :) Chocolate!!!!! And those mini squashes are soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never had ground bison--sounds interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the baby summer squash...so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. those blueberries look so fresh and juicy! and that dessert is calling my name :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah cottage cheese & pepper! My favourite combo.

    The patty pan squash are so cute :D

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!